Project Manager - Pollard Banknote
Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high-quality instant ticket products, licensed games, and a full suite of digital offerings ranging from game apps to comprehensive player engagement and iLottery solutions, including strategic marketing and management services. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes. Pollard Banknote also plays a major role in providing pull-tab tickets, bingo paper and its Diamond Game and Oasis-branded electronic ticket machines to charitable and other gaming markets in North America. Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 67.6% by the Pollard family and 32.4% by public shareholders and is publicly traded on the TSX (PBL). For more information, please visit our website at www.pollardbanknote.com.
We’re looking for a driven, results-oriented Project Manager to join our growing Project Management Office. In this role, you will be responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span across one or more departments, often including external partnerships with vendors and suppliers as well as customer-facing projects.
As a Project Manager, you will be ensuring scope is documented and well understood between the project team and all stakeholders, be accountable to the project sponsor to deliver frequent status updates and all other project methodology deliverables. You will be responsible for delivering the project on time, on budget and within scope, and capturing and escalating issues, risks and decisions to ensure transparency around project health, as well as options and trade-offs for decision items.
• Drive the development of the project charter and project plan from the originating project request with input from project team members and stakeholders
• Collaborate with project team members and stakeholders to develop project schedule, identify issues and risks and develop mitigation strategies
• Monitor and control project progress using various tools (burn up/down charts, velocity charts, forecasting models, updated Gantt charts, etc.) to track progress against deadlines
• Serve as the first point of escalation with project team members and works to remove blockers
• Facilitate meetings with project teams and all stakeholders
• Liaise with various Pollard Banknote stakeholders to assist with business case development
• Develop meeting agendas and take meeting minutes capturing all action items, decisions, and issues and/or risks raised with for follow-up
• Provide regular updates on project health and status for project sponsor and stakeholders
• Collaborate with PMO to review KPIs, develop portfolio summary reports & recommendations
• Build a strong project team with clarity around roles & responsibilities, expectations and deadlines keeping project morale high
• Provide mentorship and guidance to other Project Managers or those acting in Project Manager roles
• Look for opportunities to improve efficiencies through project deliverables and collaborate with department management when opportunities or issues require attention
• Use both agile and traditional project management methodologies, depending on the project
• Degree or Diploma specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Project Management, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
• PMP or PMI-ACP/CSM designation is required
• Prosci or other OCM designation considered an asset
• 7+ years of progressive project management experience leading complex projects; including external customer facing IT projects, in a cross-functional environment
• Experience managing projects using Agile methodologies (inclusive of scrum/iterations, incremental releases, user stories, Kanban techniques etc.)
• Experience working with a large group of stakeholders with varying expectations to build cohesion and agreement on decision processes throughout the project and negotiating tradeoffs for the best overall project outcomes
• Understanding of best practices of IT concepts, IT project life cycle and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Demonstrated ability to form successful relationships and collaborate with all levels of the organization, and offer strong customer service
• Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment while maintaining high attention to detail
• Ability to adapt and be flexible based on the needs of the project
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player with the ability to effectively collaborate
• Proficient and advanced computer skills in programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio, JIRA, MS Project, Smartsheet, SharePoint, etc.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Software Developer - 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions
Think you have what it takes to join a great team of software engineers? 1Life Workplace Safety is looking for their next team member - maybe that's you? 1Life is a smaller - but growing- successful company in Winnipeg working on developing great workplace safety software. We are company dedicated to ensuring high risk workers have a safe environment and that they make it home safe every day.
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, and the development of world-class Web-based safety software in an agile (Scrum) development environment. This is a role for a smart developer, with a willingness to grow in the role. Your experience with programming languages is less important than your overall software development skills.
As a Software Developer you will:
- Be responsible for contributing high quality coding that is well architected and maintainable.
- Work closely with lead developers & product management to understand feature specifications
- Create system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams, and designs specific to users, application system, and technical requirements.
- Perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting, and implementing of applications and scripts in collaboration with quality assurance.
- Creating appropriate unit/integration tests for the features you build and bugs you fix.
- Collaborate with support team and key customers to resolve technical issues.
As a Software Developer you have:
- You have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience writing code.
- You have experience with HTML5/CSS, AngularJS, Amazon Web Services and MySQL.
- You are adaptable and enjoy learning new technologies and embrace new development processes.
- You are a creative problem solver and enjoy creating the best solutions to complex problems using the latest technologies, methodologies and processes.
- You are motivated and can manage your own to do list.
Benefits of the organization:
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Personal & professional development
- Profit Sharing
About 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions:
Inspired by purpose, 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions is a dedicated group of Safety Professionals, Software Programmers and support team who are passionate about supporting profit driven entrepreneurs with credible occupational safety and health risks.
1Life specializes in Safety Management System evaluation, design, implementation and continuous improvement. 1Life leverages technology to create proprietary software to solve problems for our clients such as mySafetyAssistant.ca and myContractorManager.ca.
To submit your candidacy:
For more information about this career opportunity please call Billy Stewart at 204.938.4048.