Who we are:
Great-West Life is a leading Canadian insurer, focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 125 years, our customers across Canada have trusted us to provide for their financial security needs and deliver on the promises we have made. Together with our subsidiaries London Life and Canada Life, we serve the financial security needs of 13 million people across Canada.
At Great-West Life, we believe in improving the financial, physical and well-being of all Canadians. The foundation of our strategy is placing the customer at the centre of everything we do. A key element of this strategy is transforming the customer experience.
What we’re building:
An important part of putting our customers at the centre is ensuring that we provide quality IT services and support to the business which arms them with the tools required to better service our customers.
We are building a new Security Engineering team who will work closely with Global Information Security Office and other Infrastructure and Application Technology teams to design and deploy Security services. Our Security services defend global enterprise, including business units, customers and shareholders from external and internal threats. Our team consists of highly motivated, innovative, and tech-savvy engineers that design and deploy security technologies using agile delivery methods and automation.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Security Infrastructure Specialist (Security Engineer) is responsible for designing, deploying, and operationalizing security technologies on projects. He or she will also provide technical leadership by researching and conducting proof-of-concept on emerging technologies to determine business fit.
- Provides technical consulting on the capabilities and limitations of the security technologies
- Leads the validation and practicality of new technologies through rapid prototyping
- Researches and evaluates technologies/products and make recommendations
- Works with vendors to finalize detailed technical specifications for hardware and software
- Installs hardware and/or software in test and production environments
- Tests and evaluates security technologies against established criteria
- Builds or enhances security technology infrastructure components, and integrates 3rd party components, using standard tools (batch languages, programming languages, etc.)
- Unit and system tests all technology deliverables, and supports business acceptance testing
- Implements all deliverables with the highest possible quality (that is, fewest implementation defects)
- Participates in the creation of project deliverables (estimates, schedules, risk assessments, etc.) as a project team member
- Makes design decision within the bounds established by project, portfolio, site and enterprise architectures
- Ensures that components are engineered in accordance with the use to which they will be put (for example, backups may need to be both reliable and high performing, but restores may only need to be reliable)
- Contributes to creation and maintenance of security technology roadmaps
- Conducts technical health assessments of the security technologies
- Some travel maybe required
Who you are:
- A degree or equivalent education in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Business Computing, Engineering, or Commerce. Security certification will be an asset as well
- Minimum 7 years experience designing, integrating, and implementing end to end application, infrastructure, and security solutions in a large organization
- Proven skills in designing and deploying multi-platform solutions
- Broad knowledge of industry technology and directions, and specific knowledge in security and infrastructure technologies such as web servers, application servers, Intel, AIX, integration technologies, workstation technologies, database technologies, network
- technologies, IAM technologies, Cloud Computing, Automation, IPS/IDS, DDOS, Firewalls, Cryptography, Endpoint Security, WAF, Network, VPN, MFA, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, etc.
- The incumbent should have skills and knowledge in capacity planning, disaster recovery planning, product/service lifecycles, service management and a strong focus on customer service
- Experience in performance tuning complex infrastructure solutions; knowledge of performance and monitoring tools will be an asset
- Attention to detail and effective planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative (self-starter) with the ability to influence others
- Proven history of both technical and management skills
- Good working knowledge of ITIL practices and processes
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Strong desire to implement change and make a contribution to the organization
- Proven history of making appropriate decisions and recommendations
- Good knowledge of Agile, Dev Ops, and PM methodologies
What really sets you apart:
Accreditation in Project Management such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent credentials
What you’ll like about working here:
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth. We provide a total rewards package that is competitive and consistent with our core values. Our variable incentive and compensation programs support our performance culture by rewarding our high achieving teams and individuals. Our health and dental benefits are flexible and comprehensive to suit a variety of needs.
We also offer an employee pension plan, a share purchase plan, group RRSPs, discounted home and auto insurance and preferential rates for home mortgages.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.