Great-West, London Life and Canada Life are members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, which also includes Investors Group Inc. and Mackenzie Financial Corporation. The Information Services organizations of the five companies have combined to form one of the largest I.S. organizations in Canada.
Consider joining our growing team – one of the largest global IT organizations in Canada.
- Design, develop and test software to specifications.
- Support production (includes 24x7 on call support).
- Provide consultation with the Systems Architect and Systems Analyst.
- Participate in project planning.
- Deliver code reviews and provide feedback relative to best practices.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Knowledge of software design, design methodologies, and design documentation tools.
- Knowledge of IT industry current trends.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a minimum of 5+ years experience in a software developer role.
- Knowledge of the mainframe environment using COBOL, DB2 and CICS, with insurance and Ingenium knowledge an asset.
- Knowledge of automated testing tool selenium is an asset.
- Experience with iterative development using agile in a multisite environment is an asset.
- Initiative with the ability to easily adapt to change.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of software design, methodologies and documentation standards.
- Proven leadership skills with a commitment to customer service.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills combined with a quality focus.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.