Evotrux is the logistics industry’s most efficient online marketplace. We believe an efficient,
innovative logistics industry creates sustainable economic growth and a healthier environment
for future generations. Through faster, data-driven connections, Evotrux is re-shaping the way
shippers and carriers do business.
We wish to add an experienced software developer to our team who is excited to apply their
knowledge in a team environment so we can grow our business to the next level. We are a
startup company and we operate in uncharted territories. As we strive to push the frontiers, the
most essential trait the successful candidate must have is enthusiasm for stepping outside their
comfort-zone and applying their solid proven programmer knowledge to meet our product
development goals. In return, we promise a fulfilling work environment and a rewarding
Reporting directly to the Team Manager, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the
● Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of
● Write, modify, integrate and test code;
● Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions;
● Prepare reports on development outcomes;
● Conceptualize and develop new software; and
● Proactively introduce, research or learn applicable technologies that will elevate our
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
● Must be a Permanent Resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen.
● Possess a bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a
significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer
science (or equivalent work experience);
● Demonstrated knowledge of:
○ PHP: particularly experienced in Yii2, Laravel and their ecosystems.
○ Nginx and PostgreSQL;
○ Extensive experience in Git and proper production workflows;
○ Familiar with Linux, SSL, OAuth2, LDAP and VirtualBox; and
○ Project management best practices.
Knowledge of the following is an added bonus:
● Websocket and webhooks;
● Functional programming; and
● Agile or Lean (Continuous Innovation) product development processes.
Evotrux provides a flexible, task oriented, work environment. If you are someone looking to join
a company with significant growth opportunity that provides autonomy and embraces creativity,
we want to hear from you!