YOUTH IN TECH COORDINATOR
We’re looking for an organized, outgoing and highly proactive individual to join our team. As our Youth in Tech Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work alongside us in serving and supporting the growth of the tech community of Manitoba.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Program Director, the YOUTH IN TECH COORDINATOR will be responsible for implementing internal programs and collaborating with external partners to administer and implement youth programs geared to successfully transitioning students to careers in tech. It will entail connecting with industry partners to secure support for ICTAM’s youth initiatives.
- Working closely with the Program Director and the rest of the ICTAM team, develop and produce youth in tech development programs for educators, students and stakeholders
- Manage all administrative tasks for this program including tracking attendance, building a detailed database of contacts, providing written follow-up with all stakeholders, etc.
- Actively engage community members from educational institutions and from industry to support initiatives through in-kind services such as internships/mentoring/speaking engagements and through their financial support
- Represent ICTAM at career fairs, technology-related youth initiatives and community events that promote a smooth transition from school to work
- Develop and oversee a volunteer team to assist with attending third party events for youth as ICTAM representatives
- Assist with promoting youth events and positive results from this program via social media
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic and thorough communication to all participants as well as the ICTAM team on a consistent basis
- Minimum Experience: 3 - 4 years in writing, educational programming and/or youth initiatives. Sales experience is a great bonus.
- Extraordinary interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer and technical skills including working with AV equipment
- Superb organizational skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with training or educational programming
- An outgoing, energetic personality with a desire to engage others in a way that produces positive outcomes for all
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to deadline
- Good comfort level and experience with public speaking
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, knowing Adobe suite is preferred
- Familiarity with CRM systems (we use MemberZone) with strong ability to track, sort, and manage lists
- Knowledge of Manitoba's tech industry would be a benefit
- Dynamic, thoughtful, creative, confident, friendly, resourceful and adaptable
- Current Manitoba driver’s license required
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to info (at) ictam.ca
Position closes on Monday, April 01, 2019 at noon.
ICTAM, the Information Communication and Technologies Association of Manitoba, is a non-profit, member-based organization working to grow Manitoba’s thriving tech community. To learn more, please visit www.ictam.ca
Job Type: Full-time