Quality Assurance Analyst
Have you met UnionWare? They’re a company where culture is important to them. With fun and creative staff events and team collaboration, they are a Winnipeg software company going on quite the ride of growth. They offer a unique, modern and creative office setting and are looking for some great people to join them for that ride.
To join them, you’ll need to love teamwork as much as you love problem solving to make the user experience outstanding. More importantly, you’ll need to enjoy the ride and to do so you’ll need to fit in with their informal culture of hard/smart work, laughter, cards at lunch, hack weeks, games nights, coffee, birthday cake, and stepping up when you see a need.
We want to make sure the solutions we develop for our clients work the way they’re intended to. To do that we’re looking for a QA Analyst who can identify the bugs and provide insight on how to make a user’s experience even better.
As the QA Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Providing feedback on the user experience.
- Creating, maintaining and executing manual and automated testing.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on product specifications of new features.
- Duplicating and logging issues reported by our clients and staff.
- Participating in planning and design meetings.
In order to be considered, you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience with client/server and web-based software.
- Experience with manual and automated testing.
- Ability to create and follow test plans based on specifications without user stories.
- Basic knowledge of VB.NET/VBScript.
- Strong communication and documentation skills with attention to detail.
- Though not required, having an understanding of SQL, experience with TestComplete and practice in code-based unit tests are all strong assets.
What does UnionWare have to offer you?
A modern, creative office.
Time to recharge.
In-house gym and personal trainer.
Hack weeks and game nights.
UnionWare develops software specifically for unions. Their technologies and tools are intuitive and allow their customers to gain insight and deeper knowledge of their membership.
UnionWare has three things: an integrated set of union specific software modules, an experienced team of people with a deep understanding of unions and their needs, and a proven approach for how to continually elevate these organizations at every stage of growth.
They’ve been around since the early nineties and work with unions of all types and sizes across Canada, the United States and Australia.
Click here to view their client list.
How to Apply:
For more information about this career opportunity please call Billy at 204.938.4048.