While no one enjoys them, we all must navigate difficult conversations at work at some point. It is an essential leadership and communication skill, and like all skills, it can be enhanced. This session is focused on improving your workplace communication skills when the topic may be sensitive; the power may be imbalanced; the relationship important; and the risk of failure high. In other words, when the conversation is difficult.
Led by WinSETT Facilitator Edna Dach and using through discussion, self-reflection, and experience-based learning, you will:
- Identify what makes conversations difficult for you
- Understand the role of Emotional Intelligence in Difficult Conversations
- Develop a plan to improve your skills for difficult conversations
- Use a simple framework to prepare for and navigate difficult conversations – to enable you to move from difficult conversations to effective conversations
- Understand some of the gendered and other stereotyped aspects of difficult conversations
This session is powered by ICTAM. It was created by the Canadian Centre for Women in Science, Engineering, Trades and Technology (WinSETT Centre).
* ICTAM Members: $10, non-members: $15. Please email email@example.com for login information.
WHEN: Thursday, September 27, 2018, Registration + Light Breakfast: 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM CDT, Workshop: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
WHERE: Brandon, MB - Keystone Centre: Q Country Hall
DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 204-944-0533 | 431-557-6644