IC Group (ICG) is seeking an experienced IT Network Administrator to join our existing IT team and DEVOPS environment. This position will assist our need to support our production environments, our secure PCI DSS compliant processes, and to assist our internal users. You’ll be the go-to person covering production servers and client application deployments, to supporting laptop, office network setup and monitoring, and special projects.
Each day will be different, with time spent on deploying new client programs, making progress on larger corporate projects, and ongoing responsibilities and daily tasks such as operational efficiencies and enhancing security.
This position supports the configuration, management, and security of the corporate and production environments including servers, applications, firewalls, telephone systems, Internet, Email, and various aspects of our network infrastructure and remote offices. Working within a team environment, you’ll participate in the planning, design and security of the network environment, the implementation and administration of server and network systems and the support and maintenance of all workstations, laptops, peripherals (such as printers, copiers/fax), handheld devices, and Internet connections. This position also supports production and delivery services in various data centers where application deployments are needed as well as technical support through our help desk facility supporting all our corporate users.
This is a key role at ICG that the entire company depends on. We welcome someone who has the desire to be inquisitive and super optimized and sharp with excellent attention to details!
WHAT YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Set up, maintain and administer Windows servers and application
- Support a variety of corporate and custom applications and processes.
- Set up of user accounts and access, staff training, inventory and hardware maintenance.
- Regulate access to computer files as required and monitor
- Document all processes, procedures and configurations.
- Deployment, configuration and management of custom web-based applications in a high-availability production infrastructure, which includes producing technical and process documentation
- Work with team members for the installation and testing of Operating System and application updates.
- Provide after hour on-call services on a rotation basis
- Monitor servers for performance and issues
- Support and manage a secure PCI compliant environment security policies and processes
- Schedule and review PCI vulnerability threat assessment scans
- Administration of SSL certificates
- Maintain a storage backup system
- Develop, document, communicate and implement security (data) policies and procedures
- Create, document and test disaster recovery plans.
- Install security related upgrades in a timely manner
Planning and Development
- Evaluate current use of technology in the organization and recommend needed improvements.
- Coordinate with vendors to obtain proposals for purchases of hardware, software and technical services, analyze proposals and make recommendations.
- Plan for future growth and development of computer systems. Develop and implement solutions, designs and specifications to satisfy user needs.
- Telephone Systems & Desktop Support
- Provide telephone support & Desktop Support services to all employees. Including troubleshooting for technical issues on end-user workstations/laptops, hand held devices, printers, etc Support employee relocation
- Install, upgrade and support of software & Operating Systems
- Purchase, configuration and deployment of new end-user systems
- You are self-directed, thorough yet quick and truly enjoy helping your colleagues, with a strong commitment to service excellence
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proven ability as a Network Administrator in a fast-paced tech environment
- Outgoing personality
- Calm demeanor when dealing with stressful situations, excellent communications skills especially when dealing with non-technical users.
- Ability to be creative in the pursuit of technical solutionsStrong and detailed organization and time management skills
Technical Competency Requisites
- Knowledge of Microsoft environments (MS) including MS Server platforms including;
- Windows Server,
- Active Directory,
- Internet Information Server,
- Microsoft Exchange,
- File Servers,
- Team Foundation Server
- Networking technologies including Firewall and Load Balancers
- Desktop, Laptop and network printer support, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades
- Remote Desktop support for remote users
- Hardware that supports Intel based PC’s
- Troubleshooting MS applications and other business tools, Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Safari, but not limited to them.
- Experience with Mobile Handhelds such as smart-phones and tablets
- Knowledge of data acquisition, maintenance, protection, restoration, and recovery technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data security technologies, including RAID, backup, image, encryption, firewall technologies.
- Technical system documentation creation
- User guides, and “how to” guides creation
- Strong knowledge of current IT and computer science concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Experience supporting people who depend on the availability and proper operation of IT environments, including direct support to these people through troubleshooting
Additional Experience considered an advantage
- Hardware supports for Apple products: MAC’s laptop and desktop
- Experience with SQL Server
- Working in a PCI DSS compliant and secure environment