University of Manitoba
Donor Relations at the University of Manitoba is now recruiting for a Database and Reporting Assistant to join their Advancement Services team. Proficient with Raiser’s Edge (specialized alumni and donor tracking database), MS Access, and Crystal Reports, the Database and Reporting Assistant is part of a team that produces complex, detailed and accurate reports on alumni and donors for use in statistical and financial analyses, executive reporting, mailings, etc. The position will design, maintain and generate reports and is responsible for some routine database administration. The incumbent will deliver training for users of all levels on Raiser’s Edge and other advancement applications.
The successful candidate will formal training in a related field, plus at least three years’ experience accurately manipulating large data sets and producing reports from complex relational databases. Experience with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge in particular is preferred. Applicants should have advanced experience or training with MS Access and Excel, and experience with Crystal Reports and other reporting writing tools is an asset. Experience within a post-secondary institution or other complex organization or non-profit environment is desirable.
Donor Relations is part of the overall External Relations portfolio of the University of Manitoba and contributes to a dynamic, collaborative and engaging culture. There are many opportunities to grow your career and skill base here – join us today!
Database & Reporting Assistant - Office Assistant 4 (AESES)
Existing Budget-Funded Continuing
Full-Time 35.00 hours/week Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Salary Range: $23.21 - $29.32 per hour ($42,242.20 - $53,362.40 per annum)
Proposed Start Date: August 20, 2018 Trial/Probation Period: 840.00 work hours
- Produce a variety of standard, scheduled reports and one-time reports on alumni and giving data in the Raisers Edge.
- Work with large data sets from multiple sources to prepare data extracts and reports for various uses.
- Design, maintain and generate descriptive, statistical and financial reports using intermediate level programming in MS Access and Crystal Reports.
- Create advanced templates, macros and pivot tables in MS Excel including complex formulas.
- Verify accuracy of reports and resolve any issues or errors which may include reworking the report, issues with the software or data checking.
- Communicate with internal University stakeholders to discuss, analyse, and understand requests for data from the Alumni/Advancement database.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of where and how data is stored and how it is entered into and extracted from the Raisers Edge database.
- Responsible for routine imports and exports and reports, and for global updates and corrections to subsets of data in Raisers Edge as directed.
- Update, maintain and where required create procedure documentation
- Provide training on the Raisers Edge. Act as a resource to other External Relations staff with advancement applications (Raisers Edge, Banner Document Manager, etc.)
- Provide general support and other database assistance as needed. -Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Formal training program in related field from a recognized institution is required.
- Must have at least three years of experience accurately manipulating large data sets from complex relational databases, and three years of experience generating reports, including using query tools for criteria selection.
- Experience with Blackbauds Raisers Edge in particular is preferred.
- Training and/or experience in MS Access required.
- Advanced training and/or experience in MS Excel required.
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Tableau or similar report writing tools would be considered an asset.
- Experience in non-profit environments, particularly post-secondary educational institutions would be an asset.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have strong analytical and logical and methodical problem solving skills.
- Must be highly organized and capable of performing complex processes as well as continually re-evaluate priorities in a hectic office environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to communicate with a variety of users and report or data set requestors.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
For a full description of this career opportunity, as well as detailed instructions on setting up an account and submitting an application can be found at umanitoba.ca/careers.
Direct link to the posting: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=02716