People First HR Services
Winnipeg, MB R3P 2T5
VP, Executive Search
People Corporation has been on a significant growth trajectory since 2006 - they have acquired 15 companies and increased the workforce to over 700+ employees. Owing to this strong period of growth, People Corporation is seeking a highly strategic and future-state thinking IT business leader to assume the new position of Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Reporting to the COO & CFO, this position is a key contributor to the organizational strategy, and provides leadership to a team of Information Technology professional across Canada. The CIO will lead the planning and implementation of enterprise wide information systems and develop cost effective and beneficial IT operations at a national level. The successful candidate is highly skilled in leading technology strategies through mergers & acquisitions and large scale transformation and integration projects.
As the CIO, you will be responsible for:
• Developing a strategic plan for Information Technology that aligns with People Corporation’s business goals and plans.
• Full leadership responsibility for the IT operations including recruitment, development and establishing IT standards.
• Ensuring that People Corporation’s software development, hardware infrastructure, security and disaster recovery aligns with the strategic plan.
• Advising the executive team and leading the organization through all technology related company acquisition and transformation needs.
• Overseeing and ensuring software development and infrastructure projects are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Developing and managing annual business plans and, operating and capital budgets.
• Presenting complex information and developing and delivering plans and presentations to Executive and Board.
The ideal CIO for People Corporation will:
• Have completed post-secondary education in Computer Science / Information Technology preferably supported with a business degree such as an MBA.
• Have deep experience in applying strategic and operational business approaches and practices to achieve outcomes and maximize performance expectations.
• Have a proven track record of building and developing complex technology platforms on an enterprise level.
• Have hands on experience leading large scale implementations of technologies and systems in multi-site, complex and high-growth organizations.
• Have proven change management and mergers and acquisitions experience.
• Possess strong business planning and financial management experience.
• Be a strong and collaborative leader who enjoys guiding and mentoring a team.
• Have the ability to work collaboratively at all levels to influence change and deliver innovative customer service solutions.
People Corporation is in the people business.
Dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees.
People Corporation makes a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services. We provide customized solutions to fit the unique needs of companies operating in different industries, employing people across multiple generations and with a broad range of different demands.
As a publicly traded company with over 700 employees and offices across the country, People Corporation is one of the fastest growing companies in Canada, having grown its revenue by 500% in the past 8 years.