Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
Full Time Employment Opportunity - COMPETITION #MLL174/18-19
Reporting to the Supervisor, Application Solutions, the Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, developing and implementing efficient information systems in support of organizational functions. The incumbent works with stakeholders to establish and translate solution requirements into effective software applications, while working within budget, time and resource constraints. The Senior Systems Analyst assumes responsibility for both complex and large assignments when required, and may act as the project manager and may engage in programming activities where deemed appropriate, based on scope and complexity. The incumbent provides guidance, direction and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Application of the systems development methodology and standards to ensure effective solution requirements definition, design, development, testing and implementation is completed in partnership with the business and a quality solution is delivered.
- Application of project management methodology and standards to ensure effective project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing of assigned projects.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships across the organization.
- Work closely with business units to define requirements and systems goals, identify and resolve business systems issues and to identify technology opportunities, ensuring appropriate fit to area, and alignment with enterprise architecture and vision.
- Participate in business case development working with stakeholders.
- Create system design proposals working with stakeholders to ensure efficiency, compatibility and interoperability of the proposed solution.
- Transform systems designs into physical specifications for development.
- Participate in systems development and testing as required.
- Ensure preparation and maintenance of system documentation as per MBLL standards.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure test strategies, plans, conditions and cases meet requirements.
- Facilitate the definition and preparation of software and/or services tenders, proposal evaluation, vendor selection and recommendation.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Maintain an awareness of current and developing trends in relevant technologies, systems development methodologies and best practices.
- Participate in assigned education programs as requested.
- Provide guidance and coaching to project team members and junior staff as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related technology field with a minimum of nine (9) years’ experience delivering information technology systems, products and services, including at least three (3) years demonstrated performance at the Systems Analyst level.
- A minimum four (4) years demonstrated proficiency in planning, designing, developing and implementing new technology solutions and enhancements.
- Three (3) years demonstrated proficiency in managing projects in an IT environment.
- Demonstrated coursework in project management, systems analysis and design techniques, relational data base design and data modeling, data flow diagramming, written communications and quality assurance techniques.
- Excellent leadership, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment, good judgment and decision-making skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and sound technical skills.
- The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, and one or more core business processes in purchasing, distribution, retail, financial and human resource functions.
Bargaining Unit: MGEU
Location: Milt Stegall Drive
All applications are due by August 18, 2018.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.