Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
Full Time Employment Opportunity - COMPETITION #MLL178/18-19
Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security, the Manager, Information Security is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the creation, development, implementation and management of a comprehensive Information Security (IS) strategy and associated program. The incumbent influences behaviour within the organization to ensure that information assets are protected.
- Research and develop strategic program elements for ITS Security Strategic Direction.
- Manage the development of a secure, confidential, reliable and available computing environment.
- Ensure information security requirements are considered for all ITS projects.
- Ensure adequate risk management assessments and acceptances are performed for all security issues.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of technical security exist for all systems across all platforms supported by Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries.
- Train, coach and develop staff on security and safety-related programs and procedures.
- Lead the planning, implementation and operation of strategic program elements including security incident response and the Information Security awareness and education program.
- Manage the Information Security architecture domain.
- Support Internal Audit and external auditors with the IT Security Audit program as required.
- Provide leadership through solid people management practices.
- Recruit, manage, coach and evaluate the performance of employees.
- Ensure that department employees provide excellent customer service.
- Provide training, guidance and direction, and ensure positive morale and motivation of employees.
- Resolve problems and issues, and provide conflict resolution in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Ensure all applicable policies and procedures are understood and adhered to by all employees.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized degree or diploma program in an IT related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CSIM), or willingness to be certified.
- A minimum of nine (9) years progressively responsible experience in an information systems function, with a minimum of three years at a supervisory level, ideally gained in the gaming/liquor distribution sales industry.
- Three (3) years’ experience with information security environment including security standards and best practices. E.g. PCI / ISO 27001.
- Recertification and upgrading is required to maintain certifications and keep up-to-date on new technology and changes in information technology.
- Demonstrated management experience with a view to efficiency, strong leadership and organizational skills, adoption of best practices, strong initiative and ability as a self-starter, excellent human resource management and labour relations skills, and planning and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated project management skills in an Information Systems environment.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office.
- Experience drafting business cases.
- The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity. Leadership competencies include building strategic performance, coaching and developing, influencing and leading. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
- Training in project management or a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Accreditation in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Level Management.
- Expertise in Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba (LGA) legislation and technical standards or other regulated industry.
- Experience drafting RFP requirements and evaluating responses for related technologies and services.
Bargaining Unit: Exempt
Location: Milt Stegall Drive
All applications are due by August 19, 2018.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.