Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
Full Time Employment Opportunity - COMPETITION #MLL179/18-19
Reporting to the Director, Client Services, the Portfolio Manager, ITS Delivery, Client Services organizes and coordinates transformational activities within the Client Services team to accomplish strategic objectives related to overall service delivery to our clients. The incumbent guides the efforts of Client Services project resources to ensure overall performance, adherence to the project methodology, and quality of client deliverables. The incumbent will also report to ITS leadership on service delivery performance across all lines of business (LOB), as well as forecasting future needs to meet service delivery requirements.
- Assist in executing the strategic roadmap and maturity models for the Client Services team.
- Maintain and manage the inventory of all projects within ITS.
- Aggregate portfolio data from the Client Services Portfolio Managers into a holistic ITS project map.
- Support Project Managers with project estimating activities.
- Establish project performance reporting requirements in accordance with the needs of Executive.
- Compile, monitor, and report on metrics for various stakeholder groups across the organization.
- Be the primary contact within the Client Services team for Client Services resource as it pertains to the project methodology.
- Be the primary contact within ITS for project forecasting.
- Audit project artifacts for quality assurance and adherence to established stage gate protocols.
- Ensure active risk management as it pertains to ITS service delivery.
- Establish and use strong Program Management controls, and customize or create new controls as needed.
- Ensure competing LOB ITS programs/projects are appropriately managed. Provide overall strategy for forecasting of future needs to meet demand.
- Educate and support all Client Services team members in the implementation of, and adherence to, the project methodology and service delivery protocols.
- Act as the communication conduit to executive stakeholders and conduct periodic briefings/status updates.
- Champion the client-centered ITS strategy by actively developing, implementing, and/or supporting OCM initiatives.
- Ensure the project teams have the necessary ITS resources to successfully complete the projects.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized degree in Business, Commerce or an IT related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in managing, or being a key project lead (such as an OCM lead), projects of increasing complexity and providing end-user support in an information systems environment is required.
- Working knowledge of Project Management and the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Strong organizational change management (OCM) experience.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Ongoing professional development and upgrading is required to maintain designations and stay current with changes in the industry.
- Demonstrated project experience with the ability to analyze and work with data. Solve problems independently using good judgment, strong leadership and organizational skills, adoption of best practices, strong initiative and ability as a self-starter.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), negotiating skills and interpersonal skills.
- The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity. Leadership competencies include building strategic performance, coaching and developing, influencing and leading. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
- Ongoing industry designation – Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certification.
- Knowledge of ITIL, business and systems analysis, application development, and software quality assurance methods.
- Knowledge of the gaming, retail, and/or distribution industries as well as experience working in an agile environment.
Bargaining Unit: Exempt
Location: Milt Stegall Drive
All applications are due by August 19, 2018.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.