Director of Learning and Information Technologies
Pembina Trails School Division is searching for a Director of Learning and Information Technologies who preferably has a background in an educational environment, sufficient technical knowledge, business acumen, leadership skills and people skills to successfully support learning and information technologies in schools and at the division office. Pembina Trails School Division serves a growing community of 14,000 students and their families who value inclusivity, shared vision and creativity in a safe and caring environment.
This position is scheduled to commence February 1, 2019, or upon a mutually determined date.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to successfully:
- lead and supervise a technical team responsible for technology support throughout the school division with a superior service orientation to support the division’s education and business functions now and in the future
- collaborate to create the vision, continuous improvement plans, professional development plans and standardized processes that will drive purpose for the Learning and Information Technologies (LIT) team
- collaborate with an advisory committee comprised of stakeholders that will provide input and feedback that will serve the present and future needs of the organization
- develop and manage the department’s budget and assets
- create and maintain service level expectations and service level agreements
- develop and monitor large projects with the LIT team
- develop and support additional services that leverage technology such as PTEC (Pembina Trails Early College) and Standards for Success in Literacy
- maintain and recruit a staff of skilled employees to support technology for the division.
- demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- demonstrated supervisory, leadership, and planning skills
- demonstrated success with budget development and control
- minimum 5 years experience in an educational or related environment
- minimum 5 years experience in managing large learning and information technologies environments
- Masters Degree in a related field would be considered an asset
- extensive knowledge of technology resources available to support the educational needs and business needs of all students and staff
- competence in the use and application of a broad array of hardware and software tools
- strong technical knowledge and experience in the areas of networking, workstation maintenance, operating systems, wireless devices, cloud computing and Internet/Intranet technologies
- appreciation and understanding of values related to the respect of intellectual property inherent in technology-based resources.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume in confidence including names, addresses and telephone numbers of three work-related references that are relevant to this posting to:
RE: Director of Learning and Information Technologies
Pembina Trails School Division
181 Henlow Bay
Winnipeg MB R3Y 1M7
We appreciate all interest, but we will only contact individuals we intend to interview.
Applications should be submitted by
September 26th at 3:30 p.m.