BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – TOURISM WINNIPEG
Economic Development Winnipeg is seeking a dynamic, driven and enthusiastic results-oriented sales and business development professional to be part of the meetings and conventions sales division of Tourism Winnipeg. The Business Development Manager is responsible for increasing overnight visitation to Winnipeg through the attraction of meetings and conventions to Winnipeg.
The successful candidate will work within key economic sectors to identify and pursue potential opportunities to attract large regional, national and international meetings and conventions to the city by promoting Winnipeg as a destination of choice. Reporting to the Director of Sales for Tourism Winnipeg, the business development manager will work in a team environment that will contribute to the economic growth of the city.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for increasing overnight visitation to Winnipeg by attracting meetings and conventions from Canadian, U.S. and international markets through the economic sectors of associations, corporate, government and third party meeting planners. The Business Development Manager prospects leads, attends sales initiatives and networks at a senior level with decision-makers to attract meetings and conventions to Winnipeg. Strong communication, leadership and business development skills are required to build relationship with clients and stakeholders to successfully close business.
Application deadline: 2018-09-24
Responsibilities / Functions
- Proactively identify prospects from the economic sectors of industry associations, corporate and third party meeting planners
- Conduct daily prospecting and qualifying sales calls through cold calls and lead generation
- Convert sales prospects into confirmed meetings and conventions business for Winnipeg
- Strengthen relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Deliver oral presentations on Winnipeg’s value propositions at regional and national tourism sales initiatives and marketplaces
- Host clients on site visits showcasing Winnipeg
- Develop and execute accurate and detailed sales records on a daily and monthly basis utilizing a customer relations management system
- Develop relationships with clients and build partnerships with the local tourism industry
- Willingness to travel within Canada and as required to the United States to attend tourism sales initiatives and marketplaces
- Understand the competitive tourism environment related to other cities and Winnipeg’s economic sectors
- Must be available to work extended hours as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly energized, flexible, results-oriented individual with a drive to succeed
- Excellent skills in account management, direct sales and sales presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude for relationship building and strategic networking
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Excellent communicator, including superior presentations, listening and writing skills
- Experience with budget management
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Education / Experience
- Post secondary education from an accredited college or university in business/commerce
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, account management and business development with a track record of success
- Experience networking with senior level management and the business community
- Experience in working in a database management system and MS Office applications
- French/English bilingualism an asset
If your passion for Winnipeg is matched by your proven track record in business development and you have a strong ability to build rapport with diverse clients and suppliers, this exceptional opportunity is ideal for you. Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Written applications will be accepted until 9am Monday, September 24, 2018 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.