SALES ADMINISTRATOR – TOURISM WINNIPEG
Economic Development Winnipeg is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to support the Business Development Managers as part of the meetings and conventions sales division of Tourism Winnipeg. The Sales Administrator is responsible for processing the Special Events Tourism Fund applications that supports the attraction of meetings, conventions, sports and special events to Winnipeg; researching and qualifying prospects, ongoing database maintenance, developing letters of support for local host committees and assisting in the preparation of bids for future conventions.
The successful candidate is a collaborative team player with a high level of oral and written communication skills, strong organizational abilities, proficiencies in Microsoft Office, In Design and experience with customer relations management systems. Reporting to the Vice President of Tourism Winnipeg, the sales administrator will work in a team environment that contributes to the economic growth to the city.
The Sales Administrator works as an integral part of the convention sales process by providing support to the Business Development Managers. The Sales Administrator is responsible for processing the Special Events Tourism Fund (SETF) applications, researching and qualifying prospects, entering sales leads into the database, collaborating with local host convention committees and assisting in the preparation of bids and proposals.
Application deadline: 2018-09-24
Responsibilities / Functions
- Collaborate with the Business Development Managers to administer the Special Events Tourism Fund from vetting applications for eligibility, gathering data from clients, processing payments, verifying application details and forecasting the fund
- Meet with local host convention committees to create letters of invitations for proposals
- Work with the Business Development Managers to research and qualify business event prospects for potential to meet in Winnipeg from directories, attendee lists and the Internet
- Enter sales leads into the database (customer relations management system)
- Assist in the maintenance of the customer relations management system for system updates, reporting and metrics
- Develop bid books in In Design
- Must be available to work extended hours as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly energized, flexible, customer service oriented individual with a drive to succeed
- Excellent skills in data entry, account management
- Excellent communicator with superior writing and listening skills
- Experience with cash flow statements and project management
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude for relationship building
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Valid drivers license required
Education / Experience
- Post secondary education from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two year’s experience as a sales assistant/customer relations
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Extensive proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly for cash flow management in Excel
- Experience in working in In Design
- Experience in working in a database management system
- Previous experience in convention hotel sales preferable
- French/English bilingualism an asset
If your passion for Winnipeg is matched by your proven track record in business development and you have a strong ability to build rapport with diverse clients and suppliers, this exceptional opportunity is ideal for you. Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Written applications will be accepted until 9am Monday, September 24, 2018 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.