Student hiring opportunites and internship
University of Winnipeg Network Security Internship
Placement: September 25 to October 20, 2017
To apply, send a position description to Gina Aiello at firstname.lastname@example.org (204-982-1172)
This is a four week, un-paid work experience where students get to bridge the gap between education and a career search.
Organizations will have the opportunity review resumes, short list candidates, interview and select the student.
To participate in the internship, simply complete a position description using the following format:
On company letterhead:
- Organization information
- Internship term
- Contact information (site supervisor name, title, phone number, email)
- Role overview
- Internship duties and responsibilities
- Qualifications and required skills
- Hours of work
Student Hiring Opportunities from the St. James-Assiniboia School Division
Types of Student Workers Available:
1. Unpaid: Work Experience students: 16-21 year-old students can work for you as an unpaid worker for 40-65 hours in an entry-level job for school work experience courses from our 5 high schools: Jameswood Alternative School, Sturgeon Heights Collegiate, St. James Collegiate, John Taylor Collegiate and Westwood Collegiate. Workers compensation coverage is provided for student through Manitoba Education. Any type of legitimate job is eligible. E.g. Car Detailer, Secretary, Office worker (unpaid).
2. Unpaid: Volunteer students: 14-21 year-old students can work for any non-profit business or non-profit community agency in an unpaid capacity to help the community. Length of Placements: Unpaid 40 hours for certificate purposes and/or 110 hours to work towards a CSIP credit for student.
3. Paid: Credit for Employment students: 16-21 years old students can work for you as paid workers for 110 hour blocks (1 or 2) to gain work experience in any type of business job. E.g. Car Wash Attendant. Required wage: Minimum wage or higher. Workers Compensation coverage is provided by your business because student becomes an employee. Any Winnipeg employer is eligible.
4. Paid: High School Apprenticeship for students in Trades: 16-21 year-old students can work for you as paid workers in any of the 50 registered trades on the Apprenticeship Manitoba Website. Each 110 hours= 1 high school credit and up to 880 hours available. Required wage: $12.10/hr. Workers Compensation is provided by business. E.g. Cook, Landscaper, Hairstylist*, Note: some compulsory trades require students to be registered in a course.
Benefits to Employers:
1. You get an eager worker to help you with work.
2. You get to know the student who may work out to be a future employee
3. You get input from young people on all aspects of your business giving you a different perspective.
4. You help students in our schools to earn credits.
• Register by calling 204-885-9555, ext. 2373 or email.
• Selected Student comes for interview and employer has control of selection process.
• Student is trained on safe work procedures and together schedule is set up.
• Final Evaluations done and sent in at end of placement.
Ms. Heather Rose, B.Ed.
Career Development Teacher
St. James-Assiniboia School Div.
1 Braintree Cres.
Tel: 885-9555 ext. 2373