Are you a High Potential Canadian ICT or Life Science SME ready to grow in the US Boston Market? We can help.
CTA Boston is an award-winning program that connects Canadian ICT and Life Science companies to US clients, strategic partners and investors, emphasizing aggressive business development and growth.
Think Big! Go Global Canadian Technology Accelerator in Boston (CTA Boston) is looking for fast growing ICT and Life Science candidates for the Spring 2018 cohort.
Apply Now to Think Big! Go Global CTA Boston
Application Deadline: January 10, 2018
“We have found the CTA Boston to be of tremendous value! At Stack Adapt, from a strong base of hundreds of customers already, we are looking to scale client revenue, identify scalable partnerships to drive deeper penetration into the US market. CTA Boston staff and CMS mentors are providing connections, introductions and invaluable mentorship for me and the StackAdapt team with deep experience and specific industry expertise. I can confidently say that participating in the CTA Boston, we are accomplishing it all!” - Vitaly Pecherskiy, CEO, Stack Adapt
StackAdapt is recognized by Deloitte as No. 6 Fastest Growing Company in Canada, and 23rd in North America!
CTA Boston Program Format
• 5-month program – (February – June 2018)
• Program format is one month of virtual programming followed by four months in market.
1. TECH: IoT, SaaS, AI, CleanTech, Digital Health, Big Data, FinTech
2. Life Sciences: Biotech, Medtech, Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Research Tools
Who Should Apply:
SMEs with a differentiated technology, a global outlook, specific goals for market entry, and senior management commitment to take part in programming and mentoring.
• Revenue-generating business (approximately $1M in revenue and/or investment)
• Run by a solid executive team with advisory boards
• Ready to talk with potential partners
• Fast growth rate
• Financial resources for time spent in-market
• Meet all criteria except revenue. Must be Post-seed (with non-dilutive & equity financing)
CTA Boston Program Benefits:
What companies can expect:
• Bespoke mentor team of Global Canadians who provide strategic advice on how to “Think Big! Go Global!” The 100 mentors are C-level executives, serial entrepreneurs, VCs and angel investors.
• Space at Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) in Kendall Square – work amongst 2000+ technology and life science companies, entrepreneurs, investors and corporations.
• Partner with CTA@Boston’s Corporate Partners - $10M in-kind or discounted tech platforms - Microsoft, HubSpot, Mathworks, SendGrid, Harvard Business School.
• Member privileges to world-class industry associations for programs and networking in the ecosystem.
• Pitch Coach to help clients localize messaging for the Boston/U.S. market.
• One month virtual programming and four months in-market support.
• Highest concentration of pharmaceutical companies in the world (including J & J, Biogen, Vertex, Genzyme)
• Strong technology and innovation clusters - over 2000 companies (Including Starent, TripAdvisor, Akamai, ZipCar, Kayak, Bluefin, Enernoc, Hadapt, iRobot)
• 90 Venture Capital and Angel firms: $50 B under management
• Corporate Developments Teams: Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Johnson & Johnson, GE, Twitter, Shell, Samsung, Microsoft
"I can't say enough about the impact that CTA Boston had for our ExpertFile. It's a super well organized program, and the CMS Mentors and CTA Boston program staff are passionate about adding value for the participating companies. We raised additional Angel investment in Boston while enrolled in the program and the program mentors were amazing. One of their introductions resulted in a partnership with the Associated Press, one of the largest media distribution players in the world. If you are lucky enough to be selected for CTA make sure you get your company to Boston!" Peter Evans, Co-Founder & CEO, ExpertFile
Please note: Company selection is done by a panel of experts. There is no fee for receiving services from the CTA and the Trade Commissioner Service. Companies are responsible for covering their living and travel expenses.