PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR THE INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES ASSOCIATION OF MANITOBA (ICTAM)
ICTAM is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our on-line, telephone or other services (Services). In this policy we explain why and how we collect your information, what we do with it and what controls you have over our use of it.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE THESE PRIVACY STATEMENT TERMS
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
ICTAM collects and processes information about you in order to:
- Process transactions or bookings submitted by you;
- Improve our Services and Web site;
- Customize your experiences (if applicable). For example, provide event alerts, advertisements, postings, etc. that we think are relevant to you and which support any specific requests for information you may make through your keyword searches;
- Send you information we think you may find useful, including information about our activities;
When registering for an ICTAM event for example, you may be asked for information about yourself such as your name, email address, postal/zip code and telephone number. In addition, when you make a payment through our Web site, we will need to know your credit/payment card number and expiration date. You are under no obligation to provide this information, however, if you choose not to, ICTAM may not be able to satisfy your request such as registering you for an event.
LOG FILES/IP ADDRESSES
When you visit our Web site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address that identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by our web server. We use the IP addresses to help administer our Web site and to collect information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
NON PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may automatically collect non-personal information associated with you, such as the type of Internet browser you use or the site from which you linked to our Web site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web site. We may, from time to time, supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to our Web site with information relating to the number of users linking to our Web site from their Web sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Web site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a Web site if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify customers or passwords. Credit card information is not stored in cookies.
- To estimate our audience size and patterns;
- To ensure that you are not asked to register twice (if applicable);
- To control how often visitors see similar ads (if applicable);
- To improve and update our Web Site;
- ICTAM will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. If we use your personal information for events, products or services offered in partnership with others, we will not allow such third parties to access and use such personal information for any other purpose. Personal information provided by you to such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
ICTAM may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of ICTAM staff and its Web site, visitors to the Web site and customers of our Services.
Our Web site contains links to the sites of third parties. When you visit these sites, we suggest that you read their privacy policies. ICTAM is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
ICTAM places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.